Back to Blog
"Being informed" usually refers to knowing what is happening in Iraq, in the stock market or in the congress of deputies. And in the digital world, although with an almost unlimited and segmented offer for all kinds of niches, that same idea of information has been more or less inherited as news.
But the era of the "social web" is changing things: as the figures show , today we can find a "digital response" to interests that go far beyond what attracts the attention of the media. This new meaning of information includes the news, of course, but also:
• Ideas, analysis or recommendations from our favorite bloggers
• The photos of the last trip of some friends
• User comments about news and products
• Conversations (on Twitter, Facebook or any social network)
• etc etc.
If the news offer was almost infinite and now we add all these other contents, the problem of information overload will only get worse .
How to handle this flow of information that does not stop growing?
A first option is to ignore it : do you really need to be aware of everything?
But, if you're still not ready for that radical change , an alternative is to start by adding the information in a single tool that then allows you to sort and filter the contents to decide what to read, what to comment or what to ignore . The problem is that, until now, aggregators have been too complex or too versatile tools to achieve mass acceptance. But this may also change: Fernando Plaza makes an interesting reflection by saying that Facebook can become the aggregator of the average user .
In my case, I use FriendFeed to centralize almost everything: RSS feeds of blogs, news, twitter, etc. and that integrated vision that has helped me in the fundamental objective: stop accumulating information and move on to better select what we are going to dedicate our time to (which, unlike information, is very limited).
Back to Blog
Every once in a while someone tells me that they do not follow more than X people on Twitter because if they did, they could not read everything they post. I think it's great because one of the good things about Twitter is that everyone uses it as they please .
I, however, follow more than 600 users. I do it because I do not care at all not to read everything they publish: what I'm looking for is finding interesting content every time I go on Twitter. I continually add "to test" users who call my attention and I go "doing cleaning" of users who are not publishing about the topics that interest me. You also have to keep in mind that not everyone tweets regularly, so that following gazillion users does not mean that every day there are new tweets from all of them.
Regardless of my case, there are several reasons why someone can follow even thousands of users:
▪ Although one of the best features of Twitter is that it does not require reciprocity , there are people who formally follow those who follow them out of courtesy. I say "formally" because in practice they usually only read the tweets of a much smaller group of users: it is easy to do it with tools such as Twitter lists .
▪ For brands that use Twitter in their social media strategies, following many users is a natural way of making themselves known and a gesture towards those who interact with them. The latter is applicable to companies and personalities of the online world (for example Jeremiah Owyang ).
▪ And finally there are the professionals of the auto-following , who use tools like these simply to be able to say that they have thousands of followers ... whose tweets neither read nor want to read.
Apart from these special cases, each one has its own approach on how many users to follow: what is yours?
Back to Blog
Last week, YouTube explained out several essential changes to their movie delivering foundation. Amongst the most essential are the development made to “channels”. This development allows users to set up a list of their favorite programs, almost creating a equivalent model to a wire network. As there are huge movies on YouTube (owned by parent or guardian company Google), frequently movies can move through the breaks. The need for movie seo (VSEO) services has drastically surfaced similar to the floods need for YouTube.
We have found that in the past, movies are 53 times more likely to receive first-page organic ratings than internet sites on popular the look for applications, such as Google. Employing on-site seo techniques in the same way used on internet sites, there are a number of methods that can be used to boost videos clip.
Here’s a look inside my top VSEO techniques:
3. Title text: All movies contain a topic text, or topic. Just as all websites do. The purpose is to contain the key phrase that it clip is standing for. For example, an up-and-coming artisan may topic their movie “new release” in order to take followers searching for new release music movies. Properly embedding these key phrases in the topic of it clip will prove significant in queries. Also be sure to power meta data. This also helps the search crawler get around through the number of movies to land on yours.
2. Keyword density: Movies that include a brief information are sure to enjoy the advantages that originate from it. Reporting it clip in 100 words and such as 6-8 sources to the key expression or key expression within the text helps the search crawler find it clip amongst the huge other movie tutorials that are on YouTube. Perhaps a popular vehicle vendor wants to demonstration the driving features of a new car. Explain the car and make referrals in the information. It is important to not go over 8 percent solidity as that is the absolute limit.
1. Encourage Comments and Shares: Almost considered actual time connecting, earn “votes” for your movie and let YouTube know that your movie contains rich content that is useful to others. The more comments and stocks it clip amasses, the more trustworthy it clip becomes. In on-site optimization the rule is “content is king”. Set up reliability and confirm it clip dividends value to the end-user.
The new structure of YouTube can easily let movies drop through the breaks if movies are not effectively improved. Guaranteeing movies contain the newest SEO methods will boost awareness, which, after all, is the purpose.
Back to Blog
We started from scratch. Fought every obstacle on the road. Still more and more to go through. Keep the faith. Take a break of 15 minutes in the morning. Take a nap if you wish(i did it 3-4 times and it was awesome!). Wake up early on Saturdays (not on Sundays, soccer games baby).
How about drinking more water and few chocolates to boost energy? I really think so. Ride a bike and I’m sure that brainstorming will happen. Don’t check the clock to much. Talk to people, especially your neighbors. Smile.
I know this is suppose to be a tech post, may be throw some news about the apps arena or the new phone or a new tutorial, but I consider this a very important side of the coin that makes the wheel go around. Believe me. I am learning to manage the stress and reinforce my confidence. I know we all have limits and we can’t predict the future(which I don’t want to), but keeping faith in yourself and peace of mind and body helps accomplish many projects.
Good luck in your next idea or enterprise. Get connected with Us, we appreciate your time.